The OAS Alpine Adventures program is a collaboration between Oregon Adaptive Sports and the City of Eugene to provide adaptive ski and snowboard opportunities for people with disabilities in the Willamette Valley area. The Alpine Adventures program has been one of the longest running adaptive ski programs in the northwest and has enabled hundreds of adaptive ski and snowboard experiences over the years.
A Day in the life of Alpine Adventures:
7am: meet at Eugene’s Hilyard Center to take Eugene Recreation bus to Hoodoo ski area.
9:30am: bus arrives at Hoodoo ski area; meet up with instructors and volunteers to get ready for a day on the snow.
10am to noon: skiing and snowboarding!
Noon: lunch break. *Participants are responsible for their own lunches. Hoodoo has a full service cafeteria.
12:45ish to 3:00pm: skiing and snowboarding!
2:45-3:15pm: bus departs Hoodoo for Eugene
6:00pm: arrival at 2580 Hilyard St, Eugene, Oregon 97405
Prices for the Alpine Adventures Program:
- Full day adaptive ski/ride lesson… $100
- Includes lift ticket, equipment, and instruction
- Full day ski buddy… $70
- Includes lift ticket and adaptive equipment; does not include instruction.
- This option is for independent adaptive athletes who may need some assistance from trained volunteers
- Round-trip transportation to Hoodoo ski area… $30
- The bus ride is optional; participants may choose to use their own transportation.
Alpine Adventures recurring on Fridays & Sundays from early Jan to Mid March. We have two optional night ski days each season. You can also look at our online calendar to see dates: calendar
You can register and book lessons online via our online registration and booking system. As an alternative, you may also call or email OAS to book lessons.
If you have any questions regarding OAS or the Alpine Adventures program, please contact OAS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-306-4774.
Thanks to the City of Eugene for this great collaboration!