COVID 19 Information
Summer Programs COVID 19 Operations Plan
The health and safety of OAS athletes, volunteers, and staff are our top priority.
This page describes Oregon Adaptive Sports’ (OAS) Operations Plan for the 2022 Summer Season in response to COVID-19. It was created based on current industry standards, health professional advice and local/state/federal government guidelines and requirements. This Operations Plan will be reviewed monthly. OAS may implement changes and adaptations to these practices based on experience and new information.
Questions regarding this COVID-19 Operations Plan should be directed to the OAS Program Director, Leah Persichilli, firstname.lastname@example.org; phone (541) 639-4470.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All employees (including full-time, part-time and seasonal), interns, instructors, volunteer instructors, and volunteer assistants are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees and interns must be fully vaccinated on or before May 15, 2022 for current employees, or prior to commencement of employment for any new hires. Volunteer instructors and volunteer assistants must be fully vaccinated prior to attending any training sessions or assisting with any lessons. Vaccines are highly encouraged for all OAS athletes and participants
An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination that has been FDA approved or authorized for emergency use (Pfizer BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after receiving a single dose vaccine that has been FDA approved or authorized for emergency use (Johnson & Johnson).
Proof of vaccination must be submitted to the Program Director. The following proof of vaccination will be acceptable:
- Original CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Card (or picture/photocopy)
- Documentation of vaccination from Health Care Provider or electronic health record
- State of OR immunization information system record
Any employee (including full-time, part-time and seasonal), interns, instructors, volunteer instructors, and volunteer assistants that may request a medical exemption by submitting an OHA COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Exemption Request Form to email@example.com. Medical exemption forms must be submitted via email or in person upon arrival at your initial lesson.
The medical request form must be signed by a medical provider and will be considered on a case-by-case basis, at the sole discretion of OAS. You can download the Covid 19 Vaccine Medical Exemption Form found on the OHA website: https://covidvaccine.oregon.gov/. You can also request that OAS email you the PDF version to be completed and returned.
For questions or to request a PDF version of the medical exemption form, please contact OAS staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Approved face coverings/masks are strongly encouraged indoors and while occupying an OAS vehicle. Approved face coverings include: N95, surgical, or 2 layered cloth masks. Masks must fit well and worn correctly, covering the nose and mouth.
- Face coverings or masks are not required outdoors.
Pre Lesson COVID Self-Screening
Instructors, staff, volunteers and athletes must self screen for COVID-19 risk prior to arriving on location for programming. The self screening shall include the following elements:
- Exposure to another individual who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Fever or chills
- Cold symptoms, congestion or runny nose
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
If an individual answers ‘YES’ to any of the above items, STAY HOME and notify the OAS Operations line (541) 848-9390 to be removed from the schedule for that day.
If you test positive for Covid 19 : ISOLATE
- STAY HOME for 5 days
- If you have NO symptoms/symptoms resolve after 5 days, you can resume activity
- Continue to diligently mask for 5 additional days
If you were exposed to someone with Covid 19 and have been BOOSTED:
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days
- Test on day 5, if possible
If you were exposed to someone with Covid 19 and are vaccinated but NOT BOOSTED:
- If possible stay home for 5 days, then mask for 5
- If staying home is not possible, mask diligently for 10 days
- Test on day 5, if possible