Cycle Oregon | September 2023
- This event has passed.
September 10 - September 15Free
OAS is excited to support up to 5 athletes for the 2023 Cycle Oregon Classic! Cycle Oregon is a multi-day supported road ride through Oregon’s most iconic bike routes. OAS will be offering support from day 2 to day 6 of Cycle Oregon’s Classic, which totals up to 5 days of riding. To learn more about this years route, please check out Cycle Oregon’s details here: https://cycleoregon.com/ride/classic/.
OAS Supported Dates: Sunday, September 10 – Friday, September 15, 2023
Cost: No cost to accepted individuals: Cycle Oregon Registration Fee’s covered.
Application Deadline: July 25th, 2023
OAS is now accepting applications for both athletes and volunteer support through July 25th, 2023. Applicants will be chosen based on available slots and best fit. Please read below for athlete essential eligibility criteria (EEC’s):
- Ability to ride 4-8 hours on a bike in a day, and plan to ride at least 3 of the days.
- Ability to join at least one OAS training ride, or provide a satellite plan.
- Self-regulate and modify riding plan if over-exerted.
- Help set up your own tent and camp area.
- Safely sleep in a tent, alone.
- Independent with personal care needs, and able to maintain hygiene within the facilities provided by Cycle Oregon (or plan to have a caregiver join).
- Supply your own camping gear, including a tent.
- Supply your own cycling gear or coordinate with OAS in advance
- Communicate a training plan at least 4 weeks prior to the event, to OAS. This can be emailed to info@OregonAdaptiveSports.org [training plan does not need to be extensive, but a highlight on what you have planned to set yourself up for success].
- Fully available for all days of the event.
- Provide a driver, if a personal vehicle is required.
Support & Commitment Details:
OAS would like all riders to join for all 5 days of the event, including arriving with OAS and departing at the end of the event with OAS. If you have personal care needs, we will work with you to plan for success within the facilities provided by Cycle Oregon.
OAS will be offering support from day 2 – day 6 of Cycle Oregon’s Classic, which culminates as a maximum of 5 ride days. With this design Cycle Oregon has built in 2 rest days, which alternate a day on and then off. You can ride as few as 3 days with this event design and as many as 5. On-course support will be offered everyday.
OAS provides on-course and in-camp support. On-course support looks like: Tandem captains, someone to ride with or near you, OAS sag team for on course repairs and simple fixes, transport of personal gear, and more. In-camp support includes help setting up your camp and tent, loading and unloading equipment, guiding to and from events and meals, and other non-personal care needs as requested.
Athletes and volunteers accepted will be expected to share their training plan for this event. This training plan does not need to be extensive, however will need to highlight what you have planned to set yourself up for success. OAS will host 3 training rides to help build community around training. Regardless of acceptance status, we’d love to have you join us on our training rides.
Training Ride Dates:
Please share as much information as you can in this application; it is designed to help you and the OAS team create a great match for this 5-day cycling event.