2020-21 Winter Operations
Registration is open for winter programs!
Everything is subject to change. Please be patient as as we strive to keep our information up to date and our programs in line with changing regulations.
Registration for athletes opens Monday, November 30th at 10am.
Mt. Bachelor program start date: December 21st
Hoodoo program start date: January 13th
OAS is planning to operate at a smaller capacity with the utmost concern for safety around COVID-19. We are currently working with our local resorts, Mt. Bachelor and Hoodoo, to ensure that our operations are in line with national standards and that we are following proper health and safety guidelines for COVID-19. We are also working in alignment with other adaptive organizations to ensure we are adhering to best practices within the adaptive community.
Read more details about our COVID-19 protocols and operating plan below. These protocols were set forth by our COVID-19 Response committee made up of instructors, volunteers, athletes and community members.
Volunteer assistants remain a crucial role on lessons and we still cannot do it without you. With fewer lessons, there are fewer opportunities and will be for returning volunteers only. We thank you SO much for your patience and support in this challenging time! Volunteers should have received an email with training options for this winter. If not, email us ASAP. Please refer to the operations plan above for further details on programming. We understand if you can not join us this winter.
We are excited to announce that registration for winter programming is officially open as of Monday, November 30th for the Winter 20/21 ski season! This winter season, OAS will be offering in person lessons for alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing with new protocols.
All lessons include a lift ticket, a parking pass for one vehicle if applicable (See Mt Bachelor’s vehicle registration policy), professional instruction, and rental or adaptive equipment. Please request lessons two weeks in advance. See what is being offered at each resort below.
MT BACHELOR | December 21st – March 28th
Alpine Ski and Snowboard Lessons | Monday – Sunday
- Half day (2hr) lessons | AM or PM
- AM Lesson Times: 9am – 11am | 9:30am – 11:30am | 10am – 12pm
- PM Lessons Times: 1:30pm – 2:30pm | 1:0pm – 3:00pm | 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Cross Country Ski and Snowshoeing Lessons | Thursday – Sunday
- Half Day Lessons | AM ONLY | 10am – 12pm
PRICING @ Mt. Bachelor:
- Half Day | $65
- Cross Country Ski | No Cost
- Snowshoeing | No Cost
HOODOO | January 14th – March 14th
Alpine Ski and Snowboard Lessons | Friday & Sunday
- Half Day Lessons (2hr) | AM or PM
- Full Day Lessons | Two consecutive 2-hr blocks | 1hr unsupervised lunch
Lesson Days and Time Blocks:
- Friday: AM 9:30am – 11:30pm | PM 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- Sunday: AM 9:30am – 11:30am | PM 12:30 – 2:30pm
*For more information about Night Skiing, contact OAS to inquire and book.
PRICING @ Hoodoo
- Half Day | $50
- Full Day | $85
Transportation to Hoodoo will be available from the Hillyard Community Center in Eugene, OR for AM and PM Lessons. Please indicate in your lesson request if transportation is needed. Space is limited and is reserved for athletes without personal transportation. There is no additional cost for needed transportation.
SPECIAL DISCOUNTS FOR 2020/21
NEW WINTER ATHLETES
- First THREE (3) lessons on OAS, at no cost to the athlete.
OREGON YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT – MIDWEEK SPECIAL
- Lessons at no cost for Oregonian youth 25 and under.
- Can schedule up to 6 lessons/experiences at no cost.
- Only applicable midweek (Monday – Friday).
- THREE (3) Lessons/experiences at no cost for Veteran.
- Includes lift ticket, rental equipment, and instruction.
SNOWSHOEING + NORDIC
- All snowshoe and nordic experiences are free of cost.
- An OAS pillar is that cost shall never be a barrier. Apply for a scholarship to support your winter recreation!
- Visit Scholarship Webpage for more information.
- Apply for a scholarship by logging into your OAS athlete account.
- Scholarships are reviewed on the 15th of each month and awarded on the 1st. please submit your scholarships by the 15th of the month prior to your desired lesson.
OAS is not hiring new staff for the winter season, but you will see many familiar faces on the slopes!
Please visit the contact page to submit any questions, or reach out us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-306-4774 x1.