Your support makes the difference.
Oregon Adaptive Sports is working to empower people with disabilities to live an active, healthy, and thriving life.
Approximately 1 in 5 Americans are living with a disability and face many barriers to the outdoors and to a healthy, thriving life. Adaptive sports equipment is prohibitively expensive for most, accessible transportation does not reach trailheads or open spaces and hours of training are required to facilitate safe and effective programs.
Your charitable gift helps OAS break down these barriers and continue to provide life-changing experiences for individuals with disabilities. In 2018, OAS once again served more individuals, in more activities, in more locations than ever before. We reached over 400 individuals with a disability through top quality programs from the slopes of Mt Bachelor and Hoodoo to the waters of Hosmer Lake and the cliffs of Smith Rock State Park.
We invite you to invest in our work and help create the opportunity for people of all abilities to thrive.
WAYS TO GIVE
Instant and Secure Online Donations
Make your tax-deductible online donation through this link! You may also mail a check made out to “OAS” to 63025 OB Riley Rd., Suite 12, Bend, OR 97703.
Memorial and Honorary Tribute
Make a donation in memory or honor of a loved one. When you make a gift to Oregon Adaptive Sports, please indicate the person you are honoring and whom to notify of your generous gift and lasting tribute.
- Ellie Bartlett Memorial Fund – The Ellie Bartlett Memorial Fund helps to cover the cost of OAS’ annual Junior Racers free ski day for youth with disabilities and any U of O students with disabilities at Hoodoo Ski Resort.
In Kind Giving
If you have services or goods that might be helpful to OAS or could be used at one of our fundraising events as an auction item, you can make an in-kind donation. In-kind donations may be tax deductible based on the fair market value of the goods or services donated.
Not sure what you want to donate? OAS also has a list of ongoing In-Kind Donation Items it is looking for:
- Amazon Wish List – Purchase through this link and it will automatically ship to OAS!
- Items not on the Amazon list:
- Solo Kayak
- Recumbent Tricycles or other adaptive cycles
- 20 ft Trailer
- High din ski bindings in good condition (greater than 14 din, 20 din preferred)
- Shelves for storage bins (industrial / garage style) and storage bins
- Refrigerator for event food and beverage storage in office
Gifts of Stock
When you make a donation to OAS through stocks, you receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them. You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate. Gifts of stock to OAS are handled by Devin Harrigan at Ascent Capital Management, email@example.com, 541-382-4847. You or your broker can contact Devin directly to process the transaction.
OAS organizes several events which rely on sponsors for funding. Sponsor benefits vary depending on the sponsorship level and type of sponsorship but generally include acknowledgment on the OAS website, Facebook page, newsletters, printed materials and at events. Sponsorship opportunities are available for the following events:
- Ski For All – OAS’ annual ski-a-thon at Mt Bachelor and major winter fundraiser
- First Chair Campaign – OAS’ major fall fundraiser
- Heroes – Annual Veteran’s ski and snowboard weekend.
- Pole, Pedal, Paddle – OAS supports over 40 adaptive athletes each year in Bend’s iconic multi-sport relay.
- CamPAH – A weekend program for children who are deaf and hard of hearing from all over the Northwest.
- Equipment – Help fund a specific piece of adaptive sports equipment.
For more information on sponsorship, please call Pat Addabbo at 541-306-4774 x4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can support OAS by shopping at Fred Meyer with your Rewards Card. All you have to do is link your Rewards Card and scan it every time you shop at Fred Meyer. There is no cost to you, and you’ll continue to accrue Rewards Points as usual.
Fundraising by the Barrel Wine Club
This isn’t your average wine club. The local bar gurus and all around amazing people at Twist Cocktail Catering Co created this wine club to highlight their favorite wines and give back to the community during this crisis. 50% of the proceeds for the entire length of membership can go to OAS! JOIN THE WINE CLUB
Before you toss it, consider giving your outdoor goods a second life while helping OAS! You can directly donate your goods to the local used outdoor gear shop, Gear Fix under Oregon Adaptive Sport’s name. All proceeds from your goods will go directly to OAS. Starting April to October, Gear Fix will be looking for summer items.
Shop and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to OAS whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. Use this link in all your AmazonSmile shopping and support OAS.