Bend and all of Central Oregon are known far and wide for the plethora of warm weather activities available on the East side of the Cascades. Alpine lakes, wild and scenic rivers, towering basalt cliffs and old growth ponderosas await for you to hike, climb, kayak or explore to the best of your ability.
OAS now offers a full slate of summer programs for youth and adults of various populations. OAS utilizes cutting edge adaptive equipment, accessible transportation, trained staff and volunteers to create the most fun and successful experience for each individual. Hone your cycling skills at our ongoing Tuesday Cruise-day cycling clinics, or explore the reaches of Hosmer Lake while leaving you wheelchair behind in one of OAS specially outfitted adaptive kayaks.
Click on any of the below activity icons to see the details of each offering and also view the summer as a whole via our CALENDAR. Summer programs kick off May 30th and will run into September.
Head over to our REGISTER page when you’re ready to sign up!
Handcycles, tandems and recumbents, OAS has a diverse and growing fleet of adaptive cycles. Come out and ride at ongoing clinics, private guided rides and tours, group rides. Cycling offerings for all ages and abilities available! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON CYCLING
Kayaking and Paddleboarding are suited for many ages and abilities and OAS has all the boats and gear to outfit you for your float on the river or lake. Group outings and private lessons and tours in Bend and the Cascade Lakes. Ages 7 & Up. All Abilities! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON PADDLING
From ponderosa forests to alpine peaks sign up for a guided hike suited to your ability with an OAS staff or volunteer guide. OAS offers group and private hiking outings all across Central Oregon! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON HIKING
OAS partners with Awbrey Glen Golf Club to provide it’s summer long Ability Golf program. Monthly clinics, practice and 9-hole playing opportunities are available for golfers of all abilities ages 8 and up. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON GOLF
Test your stamina and cycling ability on one of OAS’ specially designed off-road handcycles. Guided rides available on many of the iconic Bend trails as well as trial rides and fit-ups right in the OAS backyard! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON MOUNTAIN BIKING
OAS’ program specific for individuals with visual impairments. Hike, kayak, cycle, and climb with trained sighted guides and OAS’ own Nancy Stevens! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON MOUNTAIN SENSE
Compliment all of your activities through balancing strength and flexibility of the body and mind through all abilities yoga offered by OAS’ own Kadee Mardula. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON YOGA
For scheduling purposes, activities are offered in four ways:
- Ongoing Programs & Clinics
- Activities offered on a regular or recurring basis at pre-determined locations – view our calendar here.
- Special Events
- Focused on a specific population, activity, or based around a pre-existing event (i.e. Pole Pedal Paddle). View all Summer 2016 events here.
- Private Sessions
- Activities booked on an individual basis outside of Ongoing Programs. Typically cost is higher, but the experience is customized and can be tailored for individualized needs and goals. These programs can also include family members or friends and locations are flexible.
- Custom Events
- For groups and organizations who want a privately organized session that meets their scheduling and ability needs. These events also have the ability to travel to different locations.